[guide.chat] superdog

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:34:54 +0100

thanks to Vanessa the google girl for her posting about Stephanie and her
superdog Vegas, my husband Steve has just qualified, last wednesday, with his
assistance dog named Scott, his story is the same but different, he had Scott
from Dogs for the Disabled, he has a muscle wasting problem and is also
registered blind, at the moment he has the dog on a lead and he walks along
side Steve's walking frame, it has wheels, brakes and a seat so that when he
starts to shake and becomes unsteady on his legs then he can park the frame and
Scott sits alongside until they are able to go on, Scott has been trained to
open doors, fetch things that are dropped  and to fetch the post, as Steve's
condition worsens the training can be added to , also he is not trained as a
guide dog he knows his routes and shops so that also can be adapted as time
goes by, I think that not only are the dogs brilliant so are the charities that
train them and do a wonderful job when they match a dog to a client, also it
does wonders for the life and confidence of the new owners, we all love our
pets but these super animals deserve  all the praise, , ta ta for now, Vanessa