[guide.chat] how the rumours started

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:52:07 -0000

The following is Chloe's school home work.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 By Chloe Jakiela

 You better make a bucket list and live life to its fullest extent because it?s
2012 and the world is going to end.

Yes, the world as we know it is definitely going to end after existing for more
than 4 billion years...are you serious?

Our world has been getting along just fine for such a long time and it is not
going to suddenly cease to exist just because the ancient Mayan calendar says
so.

Well how exactly did the insane prediction of the world ending this year come
about?

According to NASA, the story started when the Sumerians discovered Nibiru, a
so-called planet that is headed toward Earth.

This supposed disaster was predicted to strike in May of 2003, which obviously
did not happen, and was moved forward to December 21, 2012.

Nibiru, along with other weird planets like Eris or Planet X, are said to be
approaching our Earth and will leave destructive effects.

Nibiru and Planet X are merely rumors being spread across the internet.

Of course neither of these planets exist.

If these two planets were real, astronomers would have been tracking them for a
while now and we would be able to see them.

Eris actually does exist, but it is only a dwarf planet like Pluto and will
stay in the outer solar system, away from us.

These two predictions were connected to the ancient Mayan calender, in which
one of the long cycles is apparently supposed to end on this year?s winter
solstice, just as our calender ends on December 31 (every year).

Besides false rumors about strange planets wreaking terror and destruction to
Earth along with the Mayan calendar ending, a meteor is going to hit the Earth.

After all, it?s about time we have a huge meteor impact on our Earth, since the
last one was 65 million years go.

You know, the one that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs.
What a joke.

Another meteor that big hitting the Earth again that is.

It is truly possible for Earth to have impacts, but one that large is very
rare.

To prevent large asteroids from hitting us, astronomers are doing the
Spaceguard Survey, which is a survey that detects any large asteroids near
Earth.

NASA has already confirmed that there are no life threatening asteroids as
large as the one that caused the dinosaurs to become extinct.

Also, many people are mistaken by predictions of huge solar storms for the
destructive ending of the world.
However, solar activity has a  regular cycle.

When the activity reaches its highest point, around every 11 years, an intense
brightening of the sun, known as solar flares, can interrupt communications
with satellite.

The next peak is supposed to happen between 2012-2014 and is predicted to be an
average cycle, just like previous years and causing no harm.

If the expected solar storms, fake planets, the mysterious Mayan calendar, and
a meteor hitting the Earth weren?t enough to get people losing their minds, the
movie 2012 confirmed their crazy beliefs.

This 2009 movie exemplified the rumors floating around about our world?s
supposed demise.

It included different types of destruction such as earthquakes, floods and dust
storms accompanied by references to the Mayans and their ancient calendar
ending.

Not to mention that a wide array of books have been getting published further
explaining the devastation that will ?for sure? strike at the end of 2012.

But have no fear, the world is not going to end anytime soon so live life to
its fullest extent and enjoy every moment of it.

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123