[guide.chat] episode 31 the adventures of Mary Jane

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:10:16 +0100

Onyx was not satisfied with this she ran into the front of my legs and I
somersaulted   over the top of her and landed flat on my face, at least we were
on grass and no damage was done,
when we moved to Paignton I think she thought she had died and gone  to heaven
as we had a much bigger garden and was going to the beach every day,
you can imagine how upset I got when she started with the arthritis and had to
be retired at seven years old, she didn't like it either, every time I went out
she tried to come with me, it was seven months before I trained with La la who
turned out to be a right La la
right from the start she was a mans dog and the puppy walker told guide dogs
that she was a mans dog, but of course they would not listen, and gave her to
me, she would follow Lofty everywhere and ignored me completely  she would not
work for me and when I tried to cross the road she would just stand there and I
would have to pull her  across the road before she would move which I thought
was crazy who ever heard of a blind person pulling their guide dog across the
road, anyway after a year and a lot of hastle  I had been putting up with this
for a year so I contacted guide dogs and they said someone would come out and
see us, when Kara came she took us both out and about a hundred yards out La la
stopped and dug her heels in and refused to work any more, so Kara told guide
dogs what was happening, they told her to take the harness away and someone
would come on Monday and pick her up, when they came to pick her up they said
maybe I  could re home Onyx I told them there was no chance of that as she was
nowhere around when La la was working and it was nothing to do with me having
her,

watch this space for next episode,
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97