[guide.chat] episode 15 the adventures of Mary Jane

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 19:05:10 +0100

I had a visit from a guide dog trainer who did all the formalities then told me
that I would have to wait for a letter before I would know if I had been
accepted or not, well the day came when I had a letter to tell me that I had
been accepted and my name would be put on the list,it was about seven weeks
later that I had a phone call telling me that they had a dog for me and would I
go on class at the beginning of August 1982 of course I was very excited, but I
had to have an operation which I was hoping would be done before I had the
dog,but this was not the case the dog came first so I went along to Exeter to
do my training, when I arrived the centre controller  was outside with some
other staff and he asked me if I had come to join them for a month,I said I had
and he said "oh how very unwise of you" later I realized why he had said this
you had to have a good sense of humour because the trainers played tricks on
you to see how you would react,one of the trainers told me that they were
training a Yorkshire Terrier   for a circus  midget who had gone blind,she said
the only trouble is it's hair keeps getting in it's eyes so we have to tie it
back with a red ribbon,well I said if I believe that I would believe anything.,
one of the other trainers asked me if I knew how to make an apple pie bed,I
said I did you don't go to boarding school and not learn how to make one of
them,he asked me if I would make one for one of his students as he was not
allowed in her room,I made it for him and the next morning the student was
laughing about this and tried to find out who had made it,she said the only
trouble was she had no one else in the room to share the joke,
I went through the training and qualified on the first of September,

watch this space for next episode,
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97