[guide.chat] The old days

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:28:11 +0100

Hi All,

When I was a kid we had a very long garden and being short on food after the
war my dad use to grow all kinds of food in the garden so we didn't go without.
Next door kept hens so we use to give them veg in exchange for eggs and the odd
chicken One  day my dad got some rabbist which I thought was mine. A
year later I came home one day and the two rabbits had gone to my Uncles. I
found out later that they ended up in the stew  pot for their dinner. I was
only about 5 or 6 years old and my dad made me take flowers or an apple for the
teacher . I only did it once and got called the teach's pet. So I never did it
again. I would give the flower's to any woman I net in the street and eat the
apple.
That's my trip down memory lane.

Love to all. Malcolm.