[guide.chat] Robery

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:18:44 +0100

The scene in Hollingworth earlier 1/4 Play Slideshow
Police have sealed off part of Hollingworth in Tameside as they search for an
armed robber.
Officers were called to Market Street at 10.25am after reports of a cash
robbery.
Roads have been closed in the area including Market Street, Water Street and
Taylor Street, as police try to track down the offender.
There are long delays for traffic in the area, and all trans-Pennine motorists
are being urged to avoid the area and instead use the M62 motorway.
A spokesman for GMP said there are no reports of shots being fired.
Video from the scene ...
Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan said: "We are at the early stages of an
operation to trace the offender, with public safety being of paramount
importance to us.
"We have had no reports of any shots being fired, and officers on the ground
are working with local residents to offer reassurance."