[guide.chat] Quiz shows - great answers

  • From: "JM Martin" <jmartin33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:22:59 +0100

Hi All

I thought some of you would enjoy some of the following questions and answers.

Judy

  : Contestants on Quiz shows - and their intellect...

  UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE (BBC2)
  Jeremy Paxman: What is another name for 'cherrypickers' and 'cheesemongers' ?
  Contestant: Homosexuals.
  Paxman: No. They're regiments in the British Army who will be very upset with
you.

  BEG, BORROW OR STEAL (BBC2)
  Jamie Theakston: Where do you think Cambridge University is?
  Contestant: Geography isn't my strong point.
  Theakston: There's a clue in the title.
  Contestant: Leicester .

  BBC NORFOLK
  Stewart White: Who had a worldwide hit with What A Wonderful World?
  Contestant: I don't know.
  White: I'll give you some clues: what do you call the part between your hand
and your elbow?
  Contestant: Arm.
  White: Correct. And if you're not weak, you're...?
  Contestant: Strong.
  White: Correct - and what was Lord Mountbatten' s first name?
  Contestant: Louis.
  White: Well, there we are then. So who had a worldwide hit with the song What
A Wonderful World?
  Contestant: Frank Sinatra?

  LATE SHOW (BBC MIDLANDS)
  Alex Trelinski: What is the capital of Italy ?
  Contestant: France
  Trelinski: France is another country.  Try again.
  Contestant: Oh, um, Benidorm.
  Trelinski: Wrong, sorry, let's try another question. In which country is the
Parthenon?
  Contestant: Sorry, I don't know.
  Trelinski: Just guess a country then.
  Contestant: Paris .

  THE WEAKEST LINK (BBC2)
  Anne Robinson:- Oscar Wilde, Adolf Hitler and Jeffrey Archer have all written
books
about their experiences in what:- Prison, or the Conservative Party?
  Contestant: The Conservative Party.

  BEACON RADIO (WOLVERHAMPTON )
  DJ Mark: For Pounds 10, what is the nationality of the Pope?
  Ruth from  Rowley Regis: I think I know that one. Is it Jewish?

  UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE
  Bamber Gascoigne:  What was Gandhi's first name?
  Contestant: Goosey?

  GWR FM ( Bristol)
  Presenter: What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963?
  Contestant: I don't know, I wasn't watching it then.

  RTE RADIO 2FM (IRELAND )
  Presenter: What is the name of the long- running TV comedy show about
pensioners:
Last Of The .?
  Caller: Mohicans.

  PHIL WOOD SHOW (BBC RADIO MANCHESTER)
  Phil: What's 11 squared?
  Contestant: I don't know.
  Phil: I'll give you a clue. It's two ones with a two in the middle.
  Contestant: Is it five?

  RICHARD AND JUDY Show
  Q: Which American actor is married to Nicole Kidman?
  A: Forrest Gump.

  RICHARD AND JUDY
  Leslie: On which street did Sherlock Holmes live?
  Contestant: Er .
  Leslie: He makes bread .
  Contestant: Er . ..
  Leslie: He makes cakes .
  Contestant: Kipling Street ?

  LINCS FM PHONE-IN
  Presenter: Which is the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world?
  Contestant: Barcelona
  Presenter: I was really after the name of a country.
  Contestant: I'm sorry, I don't know the names of any countries in Spain .

  NATIONAL LOTTERY (BBC1)
  Question: What is the world's largest continent?
  Contestant: The Pacific

  ROCK FM (PRESTON)
  Presenter: Name a film starring Bob Hoskins that is also the name of a famous
painting by Leonardo Da Vinci.
  Contestant: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

  THE BIGGEST GAME IN TOWN (ITV)
  Steve Le Fevre: What was signed, to bring World War I to an end in 1918?
  Contestant: Magna Carta?

  JAMES O'BRIEN SHOW (LBC)
  O'Brien: How many kings of England have been called Henry?
  Contestant: Er, well, I know there was a Henry the Eighth ... er...  ...
er... three?

  CHRIS SEARLE SHOW (BBCRADIO BRISTOL )
  Searle: In which European country is Mount Etna ?
  Caller: Japan
  Searle: I did say which European country, so in case you didn't hear that, I
can let you try again.
  Caller: Er . Mexico ?

  PAUL WAPPAT (BBC RADIO NEWCASTLE )
  Paul Wappat: How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last?
  Contestant (after long pause): Fourteen days.

  DARYL DENHAM'S DRIVETIME (VIRGIN RADIO)
  Daryl Denham: In which country would you spend shekels?
  Contestant: Holland ?
  Denham: Try the next letter of the alphabet.
  Contestant: Iceland ? Ireland ?
  Denham (helpfully): It's a bad line. Did you say Israel ?
  Contestant: No.

  PHIL WOOD SHOW (BBC GMR)
  Wood: What  'K' could be described as the Islamic Bible?
  Contestant: Er . .. .
  Wood: It's got two syllables . . . Kor . . .
  Contestant: Blimey?
  Wood: Ha ha ha ha, no. The past participle of run . .
  Contestant: (Silence)
  Wood: OK, try it another way.   Today I run, yesterday I . . .
  Contestant: Walked?

  THE VAULT
  Melanie Sykes: What is the name given to the condition where the sufferer can
fall
asleep at any time?
  Contestant: Nostalgia.

  LUNCHTIME SHOW (BRMB)
  Presenter: What religion was Guy Fawkes?
  Contestant: Jewish..
  Presenter: That's close enough.

  STEVE WRIGHT IN THE AFTERNOON (BBC RADIO 2)
  Wright: Johnny Weissmuller died on this day. Which jungle-swinging character
clad only in a loincloth did he play?
  Contestant: Jesus.