[guide.chat] Neighbours gossip for you

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 09:33:21 +0100

Jade Mitchell from Neighbours
© Channel 5Jade Mitchell's unresolved feelings for her housemate Kyle Canning
come back to the fore on Neighbours next week as she tries to help him get his
handyman business off the ground. Chatting with Lou about the launch event for
'Dial-A-Kyle', Jade innocently suggests that Kyle should make a speech in front
of his potential customers - unaware that public speaking is his worst
nightmare. To Kyle's horror, Lou loves the idea and threatens to withdraw his
support unless he goes along with it.
When Kyle starts to experience severe anxiety as he fears public humiliation,
Jade tries and fails to boost his confidence ahead of his big moment. With few
options left, Jade recruits Kate Ramsay to get Kyle prepared for his speech -
but the feisty personal trainer may live to regret her decision as the pair
start growing closer? Here,  - who plays Jade - has a quick chat with Digital
Spy about next week's episodes.
We've recently seen Jade and Kyle move in together and they're currently living
as friends. How does Jade feel about that?
"I think she is struggling with the idea of that. It's one of those things
where it's a blessing and a curse to have him so near, because she is very fond
of him and she is still coming to terms with the feelings she has for him."
How does Jade feel when she realises that her speech idea has pushed Kyle into
his worst nightmare?
"There is an element of guilt initially, but I think she realises that it's an
important step for him and something he needs to overcome. As a personal
trainer, in her mind it's something you can beat and you treat it like reaching
a training goal."
When Jade gets Kate involved, is it a difficult choice to bring another girl
into the situation, or doesn't she feel threatened by Kate?
"She is threatened by Kate initially and doesn't want her to get too involved
in helping Kyle, but then her loyalty to her friendship with Kyle takes over.
She'll do whatever it takes to help Kyle - even if it means him taking advice
from Kate."
The speech actually goes well for Kyle, so how does Jade feel about that?
"She is really happy that the speech goes well for Kyle but she is bitterly
hurt that Kyle is solely thankful to Kate! She knows there's a possibility they
could get together, as she knows Kyle is into Kate."
Kate Ramsay in NeighboursHowever, Kate soon has a one-night stand with Rhys,
which Jade finds out about. Is she tempted to ruin Kate's chances with Kyle by
telling him about it?
"No, not really. I think she is more shocked about how ashamed Kate is of it,
whereas it's very natural for Jade to have a one-night stand and move on
without any guilt."
Jade and Kate have an interesting friendship, so do you think it would be a
shame for them to fall out over a guy?
"Yes. It has already happened with Brennan and fortunately all was forgiven and
forgotten and everyone moved on. So it would be a shame for them to go down
that track again. Also, Jade appreciated their friendship much more after the
fallout with Brennan, so she wouldn't want to jeopardise that even though she
has prickles of jealousy."
There seems to be a sense of Jade fighting her feelings for Kyle. Why won't she
tell him how she really feels?
"She is terrified of the outcome, whether it's a yes or a no. Jade is a
commitment-phobe!"
Cast shot of Christopher Milligan as Kyle CanningIn the long-term, do you hope
Jade and Kyle can sort everything out and become a couple, or is that still a
long way off?
"There are certainly developments on that front coming soon so I can't say too
much, but it isn't smooth sailing. I actually think they would be good
together, they balance each other but that might be too easy?"
You've been part of the Neighbours cast for quite a while now. How's it all
going?
"I've been a part of it for nearly a year so it just feels like home! I love
it."
The response to the character of Jade seems to have been really positive - you
must be pleased with the reaction?
"Yes, I'm really pleased. I'm glad the audience jumped on board with Jade
considering she is such a big personality, and have been forgiving of her
sometimes brash approach. I love it that viewers are up for such a strong
female character."
Have you been given much room to put your own stamp on the character?
"I think there has been a marriage between the work I've done and what the
writers have created, so we have inspired each other. Jade has developed into
exactly what I would like her to be."
Jade was brought into Neighbours as Sonya's sister but she's now getting her
own storylines. Are you glad to be exploring her in her own right?
"Absolutely. I'm discovering new things about Jade and I like that she is
becoming very tri-dimensional, and you learn she is quite complex. For an
actor, that is so much more fun to play."
Who are your favourite people to work with on set?
"Definitely Chris Milligan and Eve Morey. Chris and I are known as the 'A-Team'
on set, I can proudly say - because we're very quick and efficient! We sit
opposite each other in the green room so we're very good at running our lines
together so we're super prepared. And Eve because she is so much fun."
Are there any more interesting scenes coming up between Sonya and Jade, and
will they continue to support each other as sisters?
"Yes, there is Sonya's fight for the community garden and an even bigger one
when Sonya thinks she is pregnant and turns to Jade for support."
Finally, fans have been intrigued by the news that Jade could have a secret.
Can you give us any clues on what she's hiding?
"Not a lot, but just to say it does involve Kyle and there is a lot to be
revealed about Jade's past?"
Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.