[guide.chat] John Humphries

  • From: "John Keel" <j.keel1428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chat forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 13:12:00 -0000

Thanks again Harold. I got it and thoroughly enjoyed it. During the first half,
I was beginning to wonder if I would enjoy it because everything he played I
have in my collection. I only have three regrets about this show and they are
that he left out Art Tatum who is still considered by many to be the greatest
jazz pianist of all time. Lester Young or Prez who influenced more sax players
just like Louis Armstrong influenced trumpet players. And finally, there was no
Benny Goodman who is and has always been my musical Idle. I can honestly say
that, if I had my time over again, I would have studied the clarinet instead of
the drums.
Before finishing, here is something for everyone to think about. In the modern
symphony orchestra, there are four sections. Strings, woodwind, brass and
percussion. Into which of those categories would you put the piano? Who will be
first to come up with the right answer.
Hope you all enjoyed your new year celebrations whatever they were.
Love John xxxx