[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] the good old days

  • From: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:21:50 +0100

Hi Carol,
You're right there, I'm afraid to say. People nowadays do not have the patience
to wait while you get organised in shops. I was doing my weekly shop today and
found something which I wanted to buy. As I couldn't recognise what it was, I
heard someone nearby, and excused myself, and politely asked what the item was,
to which the person walked on without a reply. It when I got to the tills that
I found that I'd purchased the right thing.
Another time when respect was lacking was when I was boarding a buss, and
someone wheeled a pram right on my foot, after an exclamation of shock, she
delighted in doing it again. I ended up annoyed, and with rather a sore heel.
Manners have sure gone out of the window these days. It costs nothing for a
friendly good morning or a how are you.
from
June.