[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] To Daft Jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dazzling Darren" <"darren.sunT�jay72"@virginmedia.com>, <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:08:52 +0100

Roger, DD,
I'm modulating.
I eyeballed a lot of good buddies through the chicken box, and, though a few
have gone 10-7, I still have lots of friends there,
So,
73's, f1's and 88's to you.
catch you later
10-10.
from the Anchorman, down and clear.

From: James Liddell - Email Address: james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 19/06/2012 11:54
Sent To: Carol O'Connor, guide chat - Email Address:
missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx, guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] To Daft Jim

Don't tell me you haven't heard of CB radio ( Citizens Band Radio ) made legal
in the UK in 1981....though some users ( cough, cough,) were using illegal
equipment before, during and afterward?
It was a cheap kind of amateur radio - though sometimes the radio hams got
jealous 'cos we got better contacts than they did!
It originated in the States, where, to avoid the police detecting them, users
evolved a 'language' of their own, which sounded weird to those who didn't know
it.
Some of it spread this side of the pond as well.
You must have heard/seen the films Smokey and the Bandit, or Convoy? A lot of
that stuff was, in fact, based on truth!
Here in the UK, there were many blind and disabled users - or 'breakers' as the
CB lingo used the word for users.
I finally went silent key - stopped using CB about six years ago when mobile
phones made them a bit obsolete.
A lot of truckers still use them, though.