[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] People Born Blind

  • From: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sarah Mellor" <sarah_mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>4>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:50:50 +0100

Hello Sarah
Well, I'm to agree with you. If no-one can't take the trouble to see you and
not the disability, well, they need to look at themselves. I often have a rant
about this, as I too am fiercely independent, cooking and cleaning, and general
housekeeping. If I didn't cook the freshly cook meals, we'd all be living on
tins and packets. Alan cooks, but it is largely due to me showing him, now he's
becoming better than me.
Yes,  I have a friend who has her sister going into her house and doing
everything for her, cooking, cleaning and the lot. Yes, we may need help when
needed, but I'd rather get on with things, and do things as best as I can.
Some people are wrapped up in a blanket of cotton wool, but not me! Maybe, I'm
a bit of a toughie, but maybe that's because of the way I was brought up.
from June.