[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Come on all of you.

  • From: "Sara" <e-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 01:10:01 +0100

Hi Malcolm,

I was out again one day with my Personal Assistant and we were doing some
shopping in town.  It was close to Valentine's day, and we went into a shop as
my Assistant wanted to by a birthday card for someone.  When we got to the
counter, I was doing my usual trick of putting my hands on it to see what was
around me.  I am a big teddy bear fanatic, although I am not into the Stife
ones, and there was some teddy bears on the counter, So I was interested in
them and I wanted to get one.  My assistant turned and looked at me and said
that I wouldn't want one of them.  We have a sign where she squeezes my arm if
she doesn't want me to say anything or doesn't want me to buy something, so she
squeezed my arm as I was about to ask why I wouldn't want one.  When she did
this I knew not to say anything else.  When she had bought the card and we had
walked outside the shop, she burst out laughing and told me not to change in
any way.  I then asked her why I wouldn't have wanted one of those bears.  She
laughed and said that they had got "horny devil"  written on them, after which
I also burst out laughing and could see why she didn't think that I would want
them.  Looking back now, I think that it is a very good thing that we have this
sign, as I am always doing or saying something completely daft.

From Sara Keable