[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Good afternoon

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 14:55:11 +0100

Hi, Clare - and everyone else.
I've been back home from Mauchline about half an hour; enough time to pop the
pills and get back on the bus to Mauchline.
The thing's called the 'Holy Fair' - nothing to do with the church, though.
It's a revival of something that went on in Burns' day - the bard farmed -
badly - in the Mauchline area.
Umpteen stalls, acts, street theatre, etc, plus Capercallie in concert in about
an hour, which is why I'm on the way back as soon as I post this. The busses,
and bus stops, are excellent.