[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] EVERYBODY NEEDS A REST

  • From: "Sara" <e-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lyn Morgan" <moondustgrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:44:33 +0100

Hi Lyn,

I really liked your funny story about the bird.  It reminded me of 2 incidents
my family have had over the years.

About 20 years ago, my Dad used to go beating pheasants with my younger brother
and the family pet dog,  MNancy who was a Golden Retriever.  One man told my
brother to pick up this pheasant and hold it by its head and walk along and
swing it.  After a while he said to my brother "it should be dead by now, you
can put it down."  This my brother did, and the pheasant ran off, much to
everyone's surprise.

In about 2001, I had just come home from hospital after having an abcess
removed.  My Mum was out visiting one of her sisters and I was in their house
where I was staying at the time.  My Dad had just come back from a walk with
another pet Golden Retriever, Lucy.  There is a brook near where we live, and
Dad and Lucy saw a baby duckling which was in the brook, Its mother was nowhere
in sight.  Lucy jumped into the brook, rescued the baby duckling and brought it
back to Dad.  He then bought it back home and put it somewhere quiet for it to
rest.  Mum found a box for it, but it kept getting out of it.  We had it for
about 3 days and I had named it Orville.  It was so tiny, only about 3 days old
when Dad found it.  Unfortunately, it got up onto the top of the sofa one night
and fell down the back of it.  I really loved him, he was so sweet when he was
found.

From Sara