[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Colleges

  • From: "Sarah Mellor" <sarah_mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>, "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:46:42 +0100

Hi CArol.

Oh its interesting to read about college experiences.  I also found it really
difficult in a mainstream college I had a support worker but was doing living
skills and the other people all ahd learning difficulties they were all lovely
bless them but it meant the staff talked to us like we were about 5 and I find
that so patronising and annoying and it was difficult to find people to have an
adult conversation with they were all so lovely and had this innosence about
them but bless them it was hard at times.  I tried doing a performing arts
course and struggled as they wanted us to learn to put up lighting rigs well
how is some-one who has never had any concept okf light and dark meant to do
that its impossible and the dancing wasn't the kind of dancing Clare and I like
it was more like gymnastics or something. I had a much happier time at RNC
Hereford I was there for three years in the first two I did English A level and
media studies A level and in my third year I did performing arts which of
course was a lot more geered up. Also at mainsttream I found they weren't
getting braille to me on time as well which was bad if I had things to hand in.
All this is one of the things that put me off going to uni but I could have
done if I wanted to but then its never to late.  I look forward to hearing
about your day and hope you all have a good day.

Take care.

Love Sarah xxxxxxxxxxx