[guide.chat] In Reply To: Firer works

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 23:18:21 +0100

Hi, Carol;
I agree.
It wouldn't be so bad if the fireworks were restricted to the first week in
November.
However, I heard the first one go off a week ago - far too early, as far as I'm
concerned.
Of course, fireworks - bangers, at any rate, do have their uses; Farmers use
them, with timers set, as bird scarers in Springtime, and they act as a
deterrent to foxes and crows in the local estate, where pheasant and grouse are
bred for the gun. Usually, though, the farmers and gamekeepers are very
responsible when they use them.
This uncontrolled use of them in the streets and gardens, though, is a
nightmare.