[guide.chat] In Reply To: Birthday Message

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:46:32 +0100

Thanks Elizabeth for your birthday greetings. Seventy in body maybe in mind
never. As for keeping up with technology  I do my best. plus all my friends on
this chat line keep me going too. Be lost without them.

love Malcolm. xxx

Congratulations Malcolm you have now reached your seventieth year. In the past
this would hace entitled you to a permanent seat by the fire with your pipe and
slippers. However as the old seventy has noe become the new forty you still
have some way to go. My advice would be to keep up with modern trends
especially where  technology is concerned. It is amazing how soon  one can get
left behind. I speak from experience and it can feel like living in a different
world. Some older people seem to be able to accept this but I call it the pipe
and slippers syndrome. Wishing you all the best for your seventy first year.
Elizabeth