[guide.chat] Hi Jenny M

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:35:47 +0100

Hi Jenny, oh thank you. Well I was at school from 1981 till 1993. My parents
sent me to mainstreams schools the same schools as my twin sister Elaine. They
didn't want to send me to a special school for the blind so they fought very
hard to keep me in mainstream schools. In those days it was very rare to have a
blind child in mainstream schools. I'm so happy they did this as I would have
hated to have gone away from my family although I'm aware there's good and bad
points to both sides of the coin. After school I went onto college again
mainstream. Even though I was happy to be with my sister in the same schools it
was so tough as I had to put up with bullying. I believe it was due to lack of
awareness of blindness with me being the only blind child although that's no
excuse for it even so. Love Clare