[guide.chat] : Fw: Smart Women

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:16:42 -0000

: Fw: Smart Women

Subject: Fw: Smart Women

WOMEN WHO KNOW THEIR PLACE

Barbara Walters did a story on gender roles in Kabul , Afghanistan ,
several years before our involvement in the Afghan conflict.

She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their
husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul , and observed that women still walk
behind their husbands. Despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban
regime, the women now seem to, and are happy to, maintain the old
custom.

Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, "Why do you
now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to
change?"

The woman looked Ms. Walters straight in the eyes, and without
hesitation said, "Land Mines."

No matter what language you speak or where you go,
Moral of this story is
BEHIND EVERY MAN, THERE'S A REALLY SMART WOMAN.

***

I would like to thank Judith for forwarding this joke and the next couple of
weeks jokes to come into your computer for the next two weeks,many thanks
Judith for sending me the 14 jokes on Saturday evening,good on you...

Keith