[guide.chat] Fw: Brian

  • From: "elaine nutley" <e.nutley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jane Balmforth" <janieb1958@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Debbie Berkinshaw" <darrenanddebi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ann Coleman" <m.acoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nicola Daley" <n_daly@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Dawn" <dawn537@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Douel" <m.douel@xxxxxxx>, "Marion Foster" <marion331@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wendy Gentle" <wendygentle@xxxxxxxxxx>, "bob griffiths" <bobgriff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Alf Lewendon" <alflewendon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gina Mousley" <ginamousley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sheila And Brian" <bj.knight007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:58:06 +0100

 Date: 25/06/2010 22:40:05 To: Chris;  Shirl;  Terrie Subject: Brian     A man
walked out to the street and caught a taxi just going by. He got into
the taxi, and the cabbie said, "Perfect timing. You're just like "Brian!
Passenger: "Who?"  Cabbie: "Brian Sullivan. He's a guy who did everything right
all the time.
Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happen like that to Brian
Sullivan, every single time."  Passenger: "There are always a few clouds over
everybody."  Cabbie: "Not Brian Sullivan. He was a terrific athlete. He could
have won
the Grand Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera
baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play
the piano. He was an amazing guy."  Passenger: "Sounds like he was something
really special."  Cabbie: "There's more. He had a memory like a computer. He
remembered
everybody's birthday. He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which
fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Not like me. I change a fuse,
and the whole street blacks out. But Brian Sullivan, he could do everything
right."  Passenger: "Wow. Some guy then."  Cabbie: "He always knew the quickest
way to go in traffic and avoid traffic
jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Brian, he never
made a mistake, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel
good. He would never answer her back even if she was in the wrong; and his
clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too. He was the
perfect man! He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Brian
Sullivan."  Passenger: "An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?"  Cabbie:
"Well, I never actually met Brian. He died. I'm married to his
bloody' widow."

GIF image