[guide.chat] Forwarded Email: In Reply To: [guide.support] Re: In Reply To: [guide.chat] Re: MOBILITY component of DLA.

  • From: "Sally" <se.wooller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:47:26 -0000

Hi Carrie,

I understand what your trying to say, in your email but quite honestly, it is
sometimes due to how the DLA forms are actually filled out.
Its quite normal, for us to not say everything that happens to be wrong with
us, as individuals but with these DLA forms it it absolutely vital to fill the
forms in, telling them, what we, CANNOT do, not what we, can, do.  In other
words would you go to your Doctor and say, that you're very well and not to
give him any helpful symptoms, so as he can alleviate your reason for visiting
him, in the first place?
Of course we wouldn't.

TTFN
Sally

From: carrie beckwith - Email Address: carriebeckwith811@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 18/03/2009 02:19
Sent To: guide.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address:
guide.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.support] Re: In Reply To: [guide.chat] Re: MOBILITY component
of DLA.

im really pleased its happend. my partenr is totally blind and paritally
deaf so hes been luck to get it. but other friends who are blind dont get
it. i wont be applying because i think there are people who need it more
than me. im happy to get low rate cos it covers cost of my canes and tips.
the real issue is that they need to sort out the dla critera and get it
conctrete. i have a friend who is blind who has had to go to tribunal at the
age of 24 jus to get some rate of care component. shes been blind all her
life.
and i have a fienfd who uses a wheelchair full time and need constant care
and was refused 4 times for any form of dla.
the whole system needs shaking up and the right people getting what they are
entitled to.