[guide.chat] Forwarded Email: : HOLIDAY COMPLAINTS

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:19:12 +0100

 : HOLIDAY COMPLAINTS

-----Original Message-----
From: Jenny: Forwarded Email: HOLIDAY COMPLAINTS

Subject: HOLIDAY COMPLAINTS

This  was sent from Thomas Cook Holidays listing some of the guests'
complaints during the season.
Apparently  they are 'real' . . .. .!!

____________________________________

"I think it  should be explained in the brochure that the local store does
not sell  proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger  nuts."
"It's lazy of  the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often
needed to buy  things during 'siesta' time - this should be  banned."
"On my holiday  to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every
 restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at  all."

"We booked an  excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring
our swimming  costumes and towels."
A tourist at a  top African game lodge overlooking a waterhole, who spotted
a visibly  aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant
beast ruined  his honeymoon by making him feel  "inadequate".
A  woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been locked in
 by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not disturb" sign on the
back of the door as a warning to remain in the  room.

"The beach was too  sandy."
"We  found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure
shows  the sand as yellow but it was  white."
A guest at a  Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and
strong. He was  inadvertently slurping the gravy at the  time.
"Topless  sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined
as my  husband spent all day looking at other  women."

"We bought  'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros (£3.50) from a street
trader, only to  find out they were fake."

"No-one told us  there would be fish in the sea. The children were
startled."

"It took us nine  hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took
the Americans three hours to get  home."
"I compared the  size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends'
three-bedroom apartment  and ours was significantly  smaller."
"The brochure  stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're
trainee hairdressers  - will we be OK staying here?"
"There are too  many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The
food is Spanish.  Too many foreigners."
"We  had to queue outside with no air  conditioning."
"It is your duty  as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests
before we  travel."
"I was bitten by  a mosquito - no-one said they could  bite."
"My fiancé and I  booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a
double-bedded room. We  now hold you responsible for the fact that I find
myself
pregnant. This  would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we

Best wishes

Keith

Skype name Keith.Wines

MSN   keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxx