[guide.chat] Forwarded Email: (Fifèty-something) Blind Be atitudes

  • From: "elaine nutley" <e.nutley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jane Balmforth" <janieb1958@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Debbie Berkinshaw" <darrenanddebi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ann Coleman" <m.acoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nicola Daley" <n_daly@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Douel" <m.douel@xxxxxxx>, "Claire Evans" <claire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marion Foster" <marion331@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jenny Furnell" <jenifer.furnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wendy Gentle" <wendygentle@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Mark Griffiths" <mark.griffiths34@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bob griffiths" <bobgriff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kirsten Holland" <kirstenholland@xxxxxxx>, "Alf Lewendon" <alflewendon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gina Mousley" <ginamousley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Nutley" <p.nutley@xxxxxxx>, "Sheila And Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stan Smith" <stanley782smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Shirley Springett" <tripleckickerswdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joyce Welsh" <j_welsh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:38:11 +0100

 Blind Beatitudes
 BLESSED ARE THEY that refrain from  shouting when they speak to me.
 BLESSED ARE THEY that talk directly to me  and not to some one else.
 BLESSED ARE THEY that say who they are when  entering a room and say hello
to me.
 BLESSED ARE THEY that say goodbye to me  when they leave so I am not left
speaking to the air.
 BLESSED ARE THEY that  do not hesitate to say "SEE" when talking to me.
  BLESSED ARE THEY who tap my  shoulder gently when they approach from
behind or from the
 side when speaking to  me.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who wait for me to extend my hand before shaking it.
  BLESSED ARE THEY who place my hand on an object such as the back of a
chair
 when telling me where it is, so I can seat myself.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who do  not leave me in a strange environment without
orienting me
 to it.
 BLESSED  ARE THEY who offer me their arm so they can serve as my guide,
instead of
 grabbing, pulling or shoving me.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who come up to me in a  large crowd and offer to help me
when I appear disoriented.
  BLESSED ARE THEY  who do not embarrass me in a group of people by openly
 referring to my blindness  in word or action.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who laugh with me when I tell a joke  related to
blindness.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who read me the menu and its prices  and allow me to order
my own meal.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who take me to the  cashier so I may pay for my own meal.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who do not distract  my guide dog from being my active
eyes.
 BLESSED ARE THEY who treat me like a  human being, for like it or not I AM
a human being.
 - Author unknown

Regards
Ash