[guide.chat] Forum Terms and Conditions

  • From: "Chris West" <chris.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:12:41 -0000

Hi Folks,

Please find the forum Terms and Conditions attached. These have been
posted to ensure that all members have a copy.

Kind Regards

Chris

Chris West
Technical Administrator

Dolphin Computer Access
The Old Bakery
5 Station Road
Ushaw Moor
Durham, UK.
DH7 7PX
Phone: 0845 22 55 005
Fax: 0191 373 44 22
Web: www.DolphinGuide.com <http://www.dolphinguide.com/>
Email: chris.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Laura.Wilkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subscribe to the Dolphin news RSS <http://www.yourdolphin.com/news.xml>

 Follow Dolphin on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/yourdolphin>

"Dolphin Guide" - Easy to use and affordable computer access software
for blind and partially sighted users, backed up by friendly technical
support services.
Dolphin Computer Access, Registered in England No. 5600063 Registered
Office: Technology House, Blackpole Estate West, Worcester, WR3 8TJ
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of "Dolphin Computer Access". If you are not
the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take
no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.
error.

DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS
ACCEPTANCE OF DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS/GUIDE CHAT/GUIDE FORUM RULES
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS
GUIDE CHAT ROOM (GUIDE CHAT) and GUIDE FORUM, which apply to all users.  Any
submission of material by you to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM means that you
accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
GUIDE CHAT and GUIDE FORUM are sites operated by DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS.  We
are registered in England and Wales under company number 5600063 and we have
our registered office at Technology House, Blackpole Estate West, Worcester,
WR7 4AG.  Our main trading address is The Old Bakery, 5 Station Road, Ushaw
Moor, Co. Durham.
GUIDE CHAT is an online chat room for the purpose of social interaction with
other Guide/Guide Handsfree users.

GUIDE FORUM is a technical problem and solution service dealing with product
and technical issues. It is not for social interaction. Please respect the
distinction. If the distinction is not respected then abusers may have access
to        the GUIDE FORUM terminated.

USE OF GUIDE CHAT AND GUIDE FORUM BY MEMBERS
When using GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM, members should:

?       Respect each other and their hosts

?       Not try to moderate or act as an unauthorised moderator, but rather
report inappropriate comment or behaviour of other users to Dolphin Computer
Access.

?       Be aware that GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM are moderated strictly for
the safety of their members. We therefore advise that any disputes with
moderators are to be taken to private message and not displayed in the forums

?       Request permission prior to starting a person-to-person chat with
another member
?       Be aware that they have the right to refuse to give out any and all
personal details
?       Be aware that they have the right to refuse any request for a
person-to-person chat from another member. They may not, however, refuse a
person-to-person chat from a host
?       Request permission from hosts before beginning a private chat with
them. Please respect the fact that hosts are responsible for multiple duties at
the same time, so we request that members be understanding if hosts must
decline a person-to-person chat with them right away. It is very difficult for
hosts to have to be in multiple person-to-person chats and monitor the forums
at the same time
?       Request permission before emailing other members. Please don't assume
that because other members have joined the forums, that all emails will be
welcome.
?       Be aware that if we feel that any member is acting in a way which
interferes with the interests of other members, we may take action against this
member in order to protect the rest of the group
USE OF GUIDE CHAT AND GUIDE FORUM BY MINORS
The use of GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM by a minor is subject to the consent
of their parent or guardian.  We advise parents who permit their children to
use GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM that it is important that they communicate
with their children about their safety online.  Minors who are using GUIDE CHAT
or the GUIDE FORUM should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of
their obligation to comply with these Rules when using GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE
FORUM.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties
when they use GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, and we will decide in each case
whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including
what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
MODERATION
GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM are fully moderated.  Every contribution
submitted to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM (Contribution) will be checked by us
for compliance with our content standards (Content Standards) as soon as
reasonably practicable after it is published.
Although GUIDE CHAT and the GUIDE FORUM are fully moderated, we are under no
obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate GUIDE
CHAT or GUIDE FORUM, or any other service we provide on our site, and we may
stop moderating GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM at any time.  We reserve the
right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be
potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation
of any third party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or
damage arising from the use of GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM by any person in
contravention of these Rules.
SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS
There is no limit to the length of a Contribution.
Before making a Contribution you must register with GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE
FORUM by completing the registration form.  Your name , your position , the
name of your company and location will appear as part of your Contribution when
published.
To enable us to publish comments from as many different people as possible,
please refrain from posting multiple Contributions.  Multiple Contributions may
discourage others who might otherwise wish to take part.
CONTENT STANDARDS
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its
whole.  The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the
letter.  DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS will determine, at its discretion, whether a
Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
?       Be accurate (where it states facts)
?       Be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
?       Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country
from which it is posted
?       Be relevant
A Contribution must not:
?       Be defamatory of any person
?       Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
?       Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality,
disability, sexual orientation or age
?       Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail
address or any other personal data in respect of any individual without their
informed consent
?       Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person
?       Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty
or a duty of confidence
?       Be in contempt of court
?       Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
?       Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation
with any person
?       Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from DOLPHIN
COMPUTER ACCESS, if this is not the case
?       Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist in any
unlawful or criminal act
?       Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable
grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or
is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect
encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation
of acts of terrorism
?       Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other
sites
?       Contain swearing, inappropriate names, abuse, promotional drug talk,
webcam requests or involve flooding, scrolling, spamming other chatters, or
harassment of other chatters outside of the chat room by direct email or phone
communication

?       Contain strong language or vulgarity. Use a similar standard of
language to what you might hear on major TV network, on the radio, or in any
other public forum. Crude sex words are strictly prohibited. Using asterisks or
other symbols in place of letters does not make a word okay to use. Please use
common sense and courtesy. If you wouldn't say it in polite company you
shouldn't say it here

?       Contain personal insults to others
?       Involve flaming others. If you don't like what someone has to say, the
chat room gives you the option to ignore their posts. If you aren't sure how to
do this, ask a host.
COPYRIGHT
By submitting a Contribution to GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, you agree to
grant DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution.
 Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, DOLPHIN
COMPUTER ACCESS will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce,
publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution.  This
licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence.  DOLPHIN
COMPUTER ACCESS may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material
contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and
for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards, you must
ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right
or trademark of any other person.  By submitting your Contribution to either
GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, you are warranting that you have the right to
grant DOLPHIN COMPUTER ACCESS the non-exclusive copyright licence described
above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to DOLPHIN COMPUTER
ACCESS, please do not submit the Contribution to either GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE
FORUM.
BREACH OF THESE RULES
When we consider that a breach of the Content Standards has occurred, we may at
our discretion take such action as we deem appropriate.  Failure to comply with
these Rules constitutes a material breach of the terms of use on which you are
permitted to use GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM, and may result in our taking
all or any of the following actions:
?       Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use GUIDE
CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM
?       Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already
posted on GUIDE CHAT or the GUIDE FORUM
?       Issue of a warning to you
?       Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an
indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and
legal costs) resulting from the breach
?       Further legal action against you
?       Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we
reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of
these Rules.  The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any
other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
COMPLAINTS
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to GUIDE CHAT or the
GUIDE FORUM, please write to us at The Old Bakery, 5 Station Road, Ushaw Moor,
Durham DH7 7PX, or email us at Guide.Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We will then
review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content
Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates
our Content Standards as described above (see section "Breach of these Rules").
 We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of
receiving your complaint.

CHANGES TO THESE RULES
We may revise these Rules at any time.  You are expected to check this page
from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally
binding on you.