[guide.chat] For Mark.Nicol

  • From: "Vanessa" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Friends FORUM CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:28:52 +0100

Hi Mark.

I tried replying to your email, but it kept coming back to me with error of
your email address, as there were symbols instead of letters of your address.
Sending this via chat forum.

There are many tips to finding reliable information on a web page and really
depends on the particular web page you are on.
I always use the full web browser to begin with as I can change it to text if
needed after by pressing the CONTROL and the letter T and to change it back to
full web browser I press the CONTROL and letter T again. I use Daniel who
always talks and tells me where I am after the selection.

If shopping and on a shopping web page it is best to press the ESCAPE button
and type the word LINKS, this will present you with the shop's links, like
groceries, jewellery, bedding, utensils, so that you can select which one you
want instead of fumbling for everything that you do not want.

If you are on a story, history, documentary web page and you want to listen to
the whole page, I change it to text only by pressing CONTROL and the letter T.

When on a web page it is best to use the right arrow key as there may be pull
down menus, if you used the down arrow key and say they had 10 pull down menus
and each one had twenty items in each one it would take you forever.
Unless you wanted a particular pull down menu, just use right arrow key until
you come to the pull down menu you wanted then use the down arrow key where you
will be going down the list until your prefered choice, then press ENTER.
If you do not want the menus, keep using the right arrow key to skip them.

I am forever on the full web browser, mostly googling on Google, hence my
nickname the Google girl.
I go on the full web browser and type w w w dot google dot com and use the
right arrow key until I hear text box.
You can type anything you like in the text box and it will find it for you.

Example.

Type STORY LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD and then press ENTER, which will give a list
of web sites and each one has a short description of what is on each web site.
When you hear the one you want, listen for the word CACHE  and press the ENTER
key, this will take you straight to your story.

Vanessa.