[guide.chat] Does anyone know of a way

  • From: "Jan" <j.jk.downes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:41:05 +0100

Hi to everyone,
Does anyone know how I can find a walking companion,Has anyone put an ad in
their local newspaper?or is there a web site for this type of thing. I think
that there must be a lot of people that are on their own that would like to
walk with someone,but how do you find them,and also to feel safe,and they will
not fear blindness,I only want an elbow and of course the use of their sight. I
would be grateful if someone could come up with a way of finding such a person.
I have tried all of the obvious routes but to no avail,I don't want to be or
feel like a nuisance to anyone.Any advice would be welcome Regards Jan.