[guide.chat] Charity single from x factor finalist

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:14:33 -0000

The X Factor Charity Single hits shops this month.
Added 2 days ago
All 16 X Factor hopefuls hit the studio together to record this year's
ay-may-zing charity single Wishing On A Star...
The X Factor Charity Single hits shops this month
For many, the start of the annual series of The X Factor rings in the countdown
to Christmas. And Christmas, as you know, is the season of goodwill - so of
course our 16 finalists were jumping at the chance to record the fourth X
Factor charity single.
This year, the Groups, Overs, Boys and Girls stepped up the mic to record a
very special song for a very special cause.
From Misha B to Kitty Brucknell, Johnny Robinson to Little Mix, The Risk,
Frankie Cocozza and the rest of this year's lurvely contestants recorded their
own beautiful version of Wishing On A Star by Rose Royce.
And the good news is, you'll be able to get your mitts on the fabulous tune in
just a few weeks - on November 27th via download, and November 28th for the
hard copy, to be exact.
All net record company proceeds from sales of the single will go to Together
for Short Lives. With an estimated 23,500 children and young people not
expected to live to reach adulthood, the charity ensures that every
life-limited and life-threatened child, young person and their family gets the
best possible care and support from the moment of diagnosis, wherever they live
and for as long as they need it.?
Simon Cowell has worked closely with Together for Short Lives for many years
and says: "Having worked close hand with this charity and seeing the amazing
work they do for kids and their families who need help and support, I am
thrilled that The X Factor charity single this year will benefit this charity.'"
And our fabulous finalists were also proud to be supporting such an important
cause with their vocals.?
Marcus Collins says: "It's a fantastic song choice, filled with hope. This song
is one of my favourites of all time."??Frankie Cocozza added: "This is a
brilliant thing to be doing for a brilliant charity."
?Charlie from The Risk is also glad to be helping to raise the charity's
profile: "All four boys in The Risk are honoured to be a part of this single,
and hopefully make a difference to people's lives."??
And Sophie Habibis added: "I love this song and can't wait to release it. I
hope it does really well and raises a lot of money for the charity."
Find out more about the charity at
The X Factor charity single will be released via download on November 27th and
hit shops on November 28th, on Syco Music.