[gtk-server] Re: gtk-server Digest V5 #3

  • From: Erik Winkels <euqirea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:58:05 +0200

> Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:08:45 +0200
> From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [gtk-server] Re: List Activity
>
> For (1), I would use the call 'g_object_set'. Currently, in the standard
> configfile this is defined as:

Thanks Peter, that worked (except I always have to define DOUBLEs instead of
FLOATs for some reason to make things work).

> For (2), this seems a question which is more related to GTK, than it is
> related to GTK-server. Nevertheless it would be interesting to see if there
> is a possibility in GTK at all to limit the amount of decimals.

According to thise tutorial there is:

    - http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-treeview-celltext-types.html
    - http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-treeview-col-celldatafunc.html

but I don't see how I can do that from gtk-server.

> But you can always format the float number in the client program, and then
> let it print by GTK.

That doesn't work for me unfortunately.  I need the cell type set to floats
since it won't sort the column correctly otherwise, but no matter what I set
the cell to with gtk_list_store_set it will always come out with six decimals.
(So 123 will come out as 123.000000 and 123.45 will come out as 123.450000.)

Erik