[gsis_admins] Re: FW: GOFAR

  • From: Carolyn Oliver <COliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:08:42 +0000

Thanks for sharing!

From: gsis_admins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gsis_admins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denise Epperson
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:52 AM
To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Noralee Deason
Subject: [gsis_admins] FW: GOFAR

In case, you didn’t receive the email regarding GOFAR.

Denise Epperson
Administrative Technology
Griffin – Spalding County Schools
770-229-3710 x 315

FYI – GOFAR is now available to teachers, administrators, and CO staff in GSCS.
 Access by logging in to IC, click the SLDS link, and then click the “GOFAR”
tab in SLDS.

From: Anthony Eitel <AEitel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:AEitel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: November 13, 2014 at 2:50:43 PM EST
Subject: Georgia Online Formative Assessment Resource (GOFAR) Launch Notice
(Courtesy Copy),

We are pleased to share with you that your district’s access to the Georgia
Online Formative Assessment Resource (GOFAR) will be available beginning
Friday, November 14, 2014.

Please note that system-level and school-level users may access GOFAR through
the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS).  The student website may be
accessed at https://gofar.gadoe.org/GOFARWeb.

As you may recall, we discussed GOFAR in both our Fall Assessment Conference
General Sessions in August 2014 and again during introductory webinars
conducted in early October 2014.  As discussed in these presentations, teachers
and administrators may use GOFAR to develop formative and benchmark assessments
aligned to the state-adopted content standards to assist in informing
instruction.  GOFAR is available through the Statewide Longitudinal Data System
(SLDS).  We believe your schools will find it a helpful tool in support of
their instructional efforts.

It is important to share that we will continue loading remaining test items in
the weeks following this launch.  As a result, you will see the item bank
continue to grow.  Once these final loads are complete, the GaDOE Benchmarks
and Framework Assessments will become available in GOFAR just as they are now
in the Georgia Online Assessment System (OAS).  Additionally, “generic” student
tests – like those currently available through OAS – will be deployed through
GOFAR in the coming weeks as well.  While the OAS will remain fully available
for your use through June 30, 2015, your district should plan to utilize GOFAR
to some degree this year so that your staff and students are acquainted with
this tool as you approach the 2015-2016 school year.  The OAS will no longer be
available after June 2015.

Please note that we continue to seek feedback on GOFAR so that we can provide
your schools and your students the best user experience.  To that end, you will
find a feedback form posted at
http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Documents/GOFAR%20Feedback%20Template.xls.
  Please return any feedback using that form by sending it to:
gofar.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gofar.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

User documentation has been developed to assist in the use of GOFAR.  The
following items can be found at:
http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Online-Formative-Assessment-Resource.aspx.

•         User Guide

•         Quick Start Guides

•         GOFAR Introductory Webinar (October 2014)

FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT:

•         Users may contact the GaDOE Help Desk at (800) 869-1011;
HelpDesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:HelpDesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING GOFAR’S CONTENT AND OTHER GENERAL QUESTIONS:

•         Users may contact Michael Huneke (404) 232-1208 or toll-free at (800)
634-4106; mhuneke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mhuneke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Thank you!

- Tony

__________