[gshalin] Court Watch

  • From: "Ronald Wimberly" <ronwimberly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <neighborhood.watch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GSHOA Email" <gshalin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:11:01 -0400

If anyone is interested please let me know. Once we have a few volunteers,
we will set up a date for a short meeting to further explain the program.

Attention:

Officers in the Providence Division's Response Area 3 are attempting to form
and implement a Court Watch program.

The most critical element to a successful Court Watch is a core group of
citizens concerned with making their neighborhood a safer place to live.

Citizens partner with CMPD to follow and track known offenders and cases as
they progress through the legal system. Below is an excerpt from the
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Court Watch website:

Mission Statement

"Our mission is to supply the citizens of Mecklenburg County with factual
information regarding the rulings of the presiding judges in cases of
individuals with extensive criminal histories that are impacting our
neighborhoods.  In doing so, we are seeking accountability from the judicial
system and their handling of these criminals."

--Char/Meck Court Watch

est.10/2008

 <mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mecklenburg County has a reputation for being one of the most lenient
judicial systems in the country!!

Please, help us to change that.  We, as citizens, need to get involved to
let our judicial officers know that we are tired of the "revolving door"!!!
We want to keep repeat offenders

OFF OUR STREETS

 and

 OUT OF OUR NEIGHBORHOODS!!

Ways YOU can volunteer:

*       Learn how, under the direction of your community liaison police
officer, to track offenders impacting your neighborhood and make the
information available to your Char/Meck Court Watch team.  This information
will also be posted on this website for the public to view.

*       Sit in on court sessions regarding offenders that are being tracked
to show community support.

*       Collect data from a court session regarding an offender that is
being tracked which will be posted on this website for the public to view.

*       Become a division leader for the Division in which you reside.

*       Become a team leader, under direction of your division leader, for
the response area in which you reside.

*       Manage the court session calendar for the Char/Meck Court Watch team
of which you are a member.

*       Donate supplies that are needed to keep Char/Meck Court Watch
running efficiently.

http://www.charmeckcourtwatch.org/

Please contact Officer J.E. Wing (jwing@xxxxxxxx) if you are interested in
making your community safer by volunteering for the program.

Officer J. E. Wing #2511

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department

Providence Division Community Coordinator

704.336.2652

 <mailto:jwing@xxxxxxxx> jwing@xxxxxxxx

GIF image