[greenbuild] Source on bioregionalism

  • From: Francis Vanek <francisvanek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:18:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

A belated comment on the earlier discussion of
bioregions.  I recently read "Dwellers in the Land:
the Bioregional Vision" by Kirkpatrick Sale, published
by Sierra Club Books, San Francisco (1985).  I'm not
well read in this area so I don't know whether this is
considered to be a recommended source, but the author
does mention three different levels of bioregions,
georegions, and morphoregions (if I recall correctly).
 Similar idea to breaking down land into political
regions of nations, states, and counties.  Has anyone
else heard of this classification system?

Francis

=====
Francis M Vanek
Director, Sustainable Technology & Energy Institute
414 Triphammer Road
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA
tel. 607-277-3206
http://www.lightlink.com/francis/stei.html