[greenbuild] Invitation to May 5th event

  • From: Laurietodd@xxxxxxx
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:03:14 EDT

Hi everyone!

Feel free to circulate this inviation around to anyone who might be
interested!

Todd

Can we create a cooperative venture in Ithaca that provides a range of goods
and services for sustainable planning, building and remodeling?

If you would like to be a part of answering this question, you are invited to
attend an Space Event On Saturday, May 5th, 2001.

Where:  Ithaca area location To Be Announced
When: Saturday, May 5th, 2001, 9AM to 5PM
Cost:  Attendance is free.  You are invited to bring food or drinks to share.
If we rent a space, we will put out a basket for voluntary contributions.
Contact: Joey Gates (FoxFeathr7@xxxxxxx)
             Todd Saddler or Laurie Konwinski (LaurieTodd@xxxxxxx, 269-0587)
RSVP: If you are likely to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so
we'll
           Know what size meeting space is needed.

This venture is not intended to compete with existing green builders, but to
provide a source from which goods could be obtained to accomplish their/our
mission; you could call this an "environmental home center". We (green
builders et al) are on the edge of the next shift in the market.  If we come
together we could really make a difference in the way things are done and
make green building the standard!

Open Space Technology

Open Space Technology is a method for organising a self-managed meeting where
participants create their own programme of work sessions. In these
simultaneous sessions people discuss their concerns, explore issues and
opportunities and find new ways forward.

An Open Space event brings people to contribute their views, share their
ideas and develop plans for creative and collaborative action. Every issue of
concern to any participant is raised, as long as the person concerned takes
responsibility for raising it.  The output of an Open Space event is a set of
written reports, one for each session, usually with action points.

You can find much more information about Open Space Technology at:

http://www.openspaceworld.org