[greenbuild] Re: AIA article

  • From: gmo <gmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:29:38 -0400

Jay,
I'm sure there are examples of what you're asking about, but if you're
interested in other areas, I know the National Audubon Society offices
(700-something?? Broadway across from some NYU buildings) were given
various awards when they opened, not so much for solar hot water or
passive solar but, as I recall, energy efficiency, clean air, using
recycled building materials, etc.
-Guilllermo

Christian;
        I'll be visiting my sister in NYC soon and I wonder if there are
any good
examples of green buildings there that I could see.  None of the awards
are
for a building in NYC.
        I'm interested in things like rooftop gardens, solar hot-water,
passive
solar using thermal mass.
        Thanks.
Jay