[greatcoxwell] Re: Quick cooking ideas - Keep Cooking and Carry On!

  • From: jake <jake.away@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greatcoxwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:13:54 +0100

Cooking is a great way to occupy oneself and this is a chance to experiment! I'm going to make something later involving mushrooms (fresh & dried), chorizo, creme fraiche, courgettes and gnocchi. No recipe just a riff.

Poor Jacqueline :)

Jake the not-chef

On 29/03/2020 11:35, Cathryn Harris wrote:

Thank you,  Libby.  We have passed the link on to the rest of our family. Best wishes, Cathy.

Sent from my iPad

On 29 Mar 2020, at 09:08, The Jerrards <jerrards@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jamie Oliver is doing an excellent 4 part ½ hour programme on Channel 4, using recipes from store cupboard and freezer ingredients and great tips for easy ingredient swaps, if you haven’t got certain things. This link is to the recipes and there is also a link to the programmes (somewhere!).  You can watch the programmes on Channel 4 Catch Up and there must be a link on his website, too.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/books/keep-cooking-and-carry-on/

I am sure most will be brilliant at doing this anyway, but when boredom starts to set in, it is a great way to re-boot your cooking, kids can get involved with easy, quick 2 ingredient pasta making recipes (always a plus!) and it is fun and tasty, too!

Could we all email ideas of how to relieve the boredom?  There are many green fingered village residents and I know a WhatsApp group has already suggested passing on excess produce from their gardens.

Just a thought ....................

Libby