[gptalk] Some GP clients not getting updates!

  • From: "Mike Johnston" <mijohnst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:15:33 -0600

Howdy all.  I'm having a strange problem in one of my environments and I'm
hoping that someone can point me to a solution.  On my domain some machines
that getting my AD GP policies just fine and other machines that are not.
When I log into a machine that is not getting the policy (after a reboot)
and run "gpupdate /force" it takes that policy and all is right in the
world...until I reboot again and it reverts back to being off again and
won't update until I manually do it.

I should mention that these are all cloned clients in the domain so it
doesn't make sense to me that some would work and other don't.  They should
all be exactly the same on the domain.  All using DHCP, all pointed to the
same DNS servers, all XP, etc.  If I can provide more clues, please let me
know.

I very much enjoy this distro and have learned lots from you all so thanks
again for the help!

Mike