[gptalk] Registry Logic Statement

  • From: <dcnash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:27:41 -0500

Does anyone know of a way to create a logic statement that checks the presence
of a value in the registry?
My goal is to check a specific value in the registry, if the value is there, do
nothing. If its not there then run a program to add the entry.
Ive tried to create an adm to solve this issue, but the value is a binary
value. To my knowledge you cant write a binary value to the registry using .adm
files. Any ideas would be appreciated! BTW I found a VBScript that does what I
need it to do, however it creates an error if the value is already present, I
need it to be invisible to the users on our network.

Thanks,

DC Nash