[gptalk] Important info for gptalk list members

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:13:41 -0800

Hi Folks-

I wanted to send along some important news about the gptalk list. A while
back I mentioned that gpoguy.com was migrated over to a much better web
platform. Hopefully you've all had a chance to check it out. The platform we
are using is the same on that is used by the ActiveDir.Org mailing list and
web site. In fact, those folks are now managing gpoguy.com for me. As a
result, we are moving this gptalk list over to the list server that is now
on gpoguy.com. As a result, the list address is going to change but YOU
DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER OF THE LIST!!!

Sometime this weekend we are going to cut over the gptalk list membership to
the new list server. After that is complete, I will send a test message out
to the new list alias, which you should all receive. If you don't get that
message by next Monday, just let me know and I will confirm that you are on
the list.

Thanks for making this a great Group Policy community!

Darren

Here is some pertinent info about the new list address and related stuff:

***************************

.         There's an FAQ on the new list at
http://www.gpoguy.com/Subscribers-FAQ.aspx

*       The new list address is gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - use this address
to post to the list as of Monday, January 26th.
*       After Monday, January 26th, no longer send or reply to old posts
with address gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*       There is no other action required - if you are subscribed to the
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list today, you will be subscribed to the new list
after we migrate. Note that as part of the migration, you will get a new
user name and password emailed to you for the gpoguy.com site, that is your
credentials for managing your subscription.
*       Information about managing your list subscription (should you want
to leave us) can be found in the FAQ mentioned previous

Useful Links

All links will be included in the footer text of each list posting for the
future.

*       The new archive can be found here:
migration)
*       The old archive can still be found here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk