[gptalk] Re: ImpersonateUser: Failed to impersonate user with 5

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:03:50 -0800

That impersonate error comes up usually when some part of GP processing
needs to impersonate the user but can't access the user's account in the
domain. It could be caused by a bad trust relationship between the
workstation and the domain or by the DC not being available when it occurs.
I would check the workstation's system event log for netlogon errors, which
may point to the trust problems. Otherwise, make sure that DNS is properly
configured on the client. Does the same error show up when you do a gpupdate
while the user is logged on?

Darren