[gptalk] Group Policy and Zenworks

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:28:50 +1100

Hi,

I realise that it may be heresy to submit this query to a Microsoft Group
Policy list, but here goes anyway.

I had a query from a potential customer as to whether my software would
report on Group Policies on Zenworks. He sent me a list of the directory
structure which Zenworks uses to store Group Policy and it looks the same.
It would seem likely that the Novell AD equivalent would hold the AD
equivalent info about each GPO and the Links to of the GPO to each OU.

What I am looking for is a contact or web site that details the comparisons
between ZenWorks' implementation and Microsoft's implementation of Group
Policy, especially the equivalent AD calls.

Alan Cuthbertson