[gptalk] GPO being applied after a lengthy delay

  • From: Dilan Arumainathan <dilan_a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:49:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
I am upgrading desktop broswers from IE6 to IE7. We have an existing GPO that
pushes a proxy server address to a certain group of users. After the browser
upgrade this proxy setting is missing until the users manually run "gpupdate
/force". Reboots don't help either. I thought reboots cause the GPOs to be
refreshed(?).

Running gpresult shows that the GPO was being applied as a user setting.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?