[gptalk] Re: Domain Admins are not Local Admins

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:52:49 -0800

OK how about this:

get a clean Win XP box (BTW is this only happening on workstations or servers
as well?)

Get a clean Win XP in a workgroup. Join the domain but do not reboot.

After the domain join is successful- open computer management and look at the
local groups to see if this situation is occurring at the time of domain join
or after the fact.

Once you are through that- reboot that WIn XP off the network. Login with local
admin and check the groups again If there were no group changes after the
domain join.

Now- is the domain admin account also added to local admins or just the
debuggers group?

Let me know what results- this is an interesting situation.

Omar