[gptalk] Re: Difficulty applying policies

  • From: "mike kline" <mkline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:58:26 -0500

Password policies for domain accounts can't be set at the OU level.  That
policy is set at the domain level so your domain level policy is still being
used.

There are some third party tools that may help you out if you want a
different policy.

Windows 2008 will allow you to use fine-grained passwords so Microsoft did
listen that we wanted this feature.  More info on that here:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/2199dcf7-68fd-4315-87cc-ade35f8978ea1033.mspx?mfr=true