[gptalk] Another WMI question for Darren, or anyone else.

  • From: "Mills, Mark" <Mark.Mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:52:07 -0500

Darren thanks for setting me straight on the WMI filter to exclude a
specific user- your answer couldn't have been more perfect.

Can you point me in the direction of a url that can tell me how to
create a WMI filter that can trigger an alarm when a certain eventlog ID
exists.  I have seen some WMI scripts that can locate specific Event ID
#'s if they exist but I want to trigger an alarm (email, net send, etc)
if a specific event ID is logged.  Any ideas?  Any low cost programs out
there that can do this?

Mark Mills, Sr. Network Engineer

Desktop Assistance, LP

14405 Walters Road, Suite 650