[gpsbug] Tentative Handicap Racing Schedule - 2005 Season

  • From: "John Wandling" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:57:05 -0500

Hello all,

Here is my proposed schedule for 2005: (Thru New Year's Race 2006).
White Shoal Sailing Club will sponsor 16 races plus a feeder race from
downtown Portsmouth to Leeward Marina for those returning from Cock
Island Race/Festivities.  (I included the Cock Island Race in this
schedule so you can see where it is scheduled (at least for right now).
I plan to get a slip at Tidewater Marine for Friday and Saturday night.
Sail down there late Friday, race the race on Saturday, then Race back
on Sunday.will end up off Leeward Marina.

The three five-race series are what we have been accustomed to.

GPYC would sponsor the Pagan River Challenge again this year.  I will
lay out a longer course up to the reserve fleet and return.maybe from a
start at G1,near the James River Bridge.  GPYC will also sponsor a New
Year's Day race on Jan 1, 2006.

Please look this over and provide me with comments.  Entry fees have not
been decided.  I am thinking of chargin $50.00 per boat to cover all 16
WSSC races.  Cock Island is out of my control.  GPYC may charge a
nominal amount for the Pagan River Challenge and for the New Year's Day
race, as will be set by Sean and Mary.

The $50.00 for WSSC will cover trophies for the three series, some kind
of award for the Cock Island Return to Leeward Marina, and we will use
whatever is left for some kind of party(s).

Please give me some feedback on this.  I would like to firm it up by
middle of March.

Thanks,

John

Tentative Handicap Racing Schedule - 2005 Season

Race     Date     Sponsor            Summary

Spring 1            "Saturday, April 16, 2005"           WSSC  Five Race
Series
Spring 2            "Saturday, April 23, 2005"           WSSC  Five Race
Series
Spring 3            "Saturday, April 30, 2005"           WSSC  Five Race
Series
Spring 4            "Saturday, May 14, 2005"           WSSC  Five Race
Series
Spring 5            "Saturday, May 21, 2005"           WSSC  Five Race
Series

Pagan R Chall   "Saturday, June 11, 2005"          GPYC   Pagan River to
Reserve Fleet and Return
Cock Island       "Tuesday, June 21, 2005"           PBC
Leeward Marina "Wednesday, June 22, 2005"      WSSC  Race return home
from Cock Island (Portsmouth)

Fall 1                "Saturday, August 27, 2005"       WSSC  Five Race
Series
Fall 2                "Saturday, September 10, 2005" WSSC  Five Race
Series
Fall 3                "Saturday, September 17, 2005" WSSC  Five Race
Series
Fall 4                "Saturday, September 24, 2005" WSSC  Five Race
Series
Fall 5                "Saturday, October 01, 2005"      WSSC  Five Race
Series

Frostbite 1         "Friday, October 21, 2005"          WSSC  Five Race
Series
Frostbite 2         "Saturday, November 05, 2005"   WSSC  Five Race
Series
Frostbite 3         "Saturday, November 19, 2005"   WSSC  Five Race
Series
Frostbite 4         "Saturday, December 03, 2005"  WSSC  Five Race
Series
Frostbite 5         "Saturday, December 10, 2005"  WSSC  Five Race
Series

New Year's Day "Sunday, January 01, 2006"        GPYC   Short Race Off
Pagan River