[gpsbug] Spring Series Results

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:03:53 -0400

Last race of Spring series was sailed Sunday in brisk airs (I raced in the
harbor and had wind close to 20 on deck all day).  Overall results and
individual race results are posted on the website.  Go to "Racing Info"
->"Spring Series" -> "Race Reports".  Results are based on 4 races (a fifth
race was cancelled) with one throw-out.  Scoring is based on low-point
system.

Series was won by Funkytown, skippered by Mark Swart, based on his finishes
of 1-1-2.
Second was Wind Rush II, skippered by Steve Butkus, based on finishes of
4-2-3
Third was Recovery, skippered by John Edwards, based on finished of 8-1-1
Tranquility , Rampant, Bodacious, and Black Pearl finished out the fleet

Congratulations to Mark, Steve, and John, and all involved.  Please don't
forget to send in an entry form online and send entry fee to Steve so that
he can get the awards ordered and distributed.

Also please note that the deadline for entering Pagan River challenge is
rapidly approaching (14th).  Thus far I have received only two entries.

Thanks.

Fair winds and following seas.

John