[gpsbug] Results on website

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:01:26 -0400

Hello to you all.  Alaska was great.  Beautiful and a little chilly.  We
cruised Prince William sound one day.  Rain, not much wind.

It is great to be back and I really look forward to sailing with you next
week.  I have updated the website.   Many thanks to John Edwards for taking
over for a couple of races.  Not as easy as it looks, eh John?

Also congrats to John and the Recovery crew looks as if they have been
sailing the heck out of that boat.  Anyway, John had the scoring right.  We
are following the rules for scoring a series longer than one
regatta...Lowest number of points win and points are awarded as follows:

Order of finish.  First place one point, second place two points, third
place three, and so fourth.

If you are in the race area but do not finish the race, you get one more
point than the number of boats in that race.  If you don't come to the race
area, you get one more point than the number of boats entered in the series.

In our series, you get one "throw-out", and can ignore your worst race.

So, the top three positions are looking pretty tight.  And next week will be
interesting.

Looks like the best Rebecca J can do is be a spoiler, but Recovery, Anam
Cara, and Alexis are all within a few points of one another.

See ya on the water.

John