[gpsbug] Course for Oct 2nd and 3rd

  • From: "john" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:30:19 -0400

Here's my proposed course/terms.

Marks:  A = YC "C" off NN Shipyard aprox 37deg58.4minN x 76deg27.2minW
            B =  R "10" Newport News Channel aprox 36deg57.5minN x
76deg23.6minW
            C=   G "3"  Hampton River entrance aprox 37deg00.4minN x
76deg20.5minW

For Saturday:  Start within 50 ft of A at scheduled time, finish at C
For Sunday:  Start within 50 ft of C at scheduled time, finish at A

Distance each way is about 7.1 nm, I'll figure out a starting time for each
boat who wants to enter.  Saturday prize will be braggin rights in Hampton,
and I'll buy winner a beer.  Sunday prize will be bragging rights at James
River Bridge, winner buys me a beer.

I'll just set up a starting time for each of the usual boats and send them
out, but let me know if you want George Christian to reserve a slip for you
in Hampton.  George is heading up the party end of this thing.  and no,
George won't pay for slips, but he has arranged a group deal that may
include a discount.  So let me know soon as the more boats the better the
discount.

See ya.

John