[gps-talkusers] Re: recording user POIs

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:43:26 -0400

If you do an advanced POI search, (backspace with F or CONTROL with F) change
the type to author and in the search field type MGM, you will see user
poi created by Mike.

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 07:44:46 -0700
"Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This collective User POI capability is one of the unique and powerful
> features of the Sendero GPS products. I would really like to encourage more
> users to contribute to the system. By recording user points, you help to
> enrich your own local environment and that of users worldwide.
>
> I have been recording user points since 1995. When I return to a city or
> country I visited, I can easily be reminded of hotels, restaurants or unique
> places I visited previously. Even if they are in the commercial database,
> having the exact doorway marked is helpful. Since I can search for user
> points, I have a reminder list of worts based on location.
>
> If you visit Puerto Vallarta for example, you can see which taquilla factory
> I visited and which one Rich Irwin visited. If you look in the details, you
> will see MGM for points I have recorded. I really enjoy seeing other
> people's geo footprints around the country and world.
>
> I am thinking about some sort of contest we could have to encourage
> recording and submission of points. Remember, these points can be shared
> across all the products powered by Sendero GPS. Do yourself a favor and
> other blind GPS users by pressing that User POI record button and entering a
> name.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 6 platforms,
BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC, iPhone and Mobile Geo for
Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream,
KNFB Reader Mobile, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.