[gps-talkusers] Re: problems sychronice maps to card:

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:48:08 -0400

Hi,
When you get the announcement 1 map region registered, this means that you have access to one country region, such as the north America bundle (United States and Canada.) If you heard the message two map regions updated you might have North America and Europe.

This has nothing to do with the 9 zip files that comprise the united states. When you download 1USAwestcost you are downloading California, Washington and Uta. When it downloads maps1westcost it unzipps them into your maps folder on your PC. This is why when you synchronize you are not seeing the west coast region you are seeing the 3 states that comprise that region.

When you synchronize to your card the system is smart enough to sort the maps into the map folders on your card. For example, if you select California and Washington it would send both of those states into your maps1westcost folder. If you were to select California Washington and New York, California and Washington will go into the maps1westcost folder and New York will go into the maps6northeast folder.

When you bring up the maps switcher in 2012 and 2013 you are given the names of the states instead of the maps1westcost folder as most users don't care where the maps are, they just want an easy way to find the state or group of states they are interested in. Lets suppose you are transfering New York to your card. By default New York goes into maps6northeast folder. Now as a user that might not go to New York often, do you really care what folder it is in? No, you would care that you can pick new york from a list.

If you downloaded all 9 regions that make up the united states and hit f4 to synchronize, all states in your maps folder on your PC would be selected. Pressing enter would send all states to your card and sort them appropriately.

Hope this makes sense.

On 3/10/2013 11:12 AM, Mary Ellen Earls wrote:
Hi!
Every time I try to synchronize maps outside of my region I get error messages.
Now when I first got into the GPS Maps program, it said one region registered.
Ok if this were the case, then why was I allowed to download all of the regions
to the pc and whenever I sync or try to, I only see state by state maps and
none by regions.
I have to be missing something somewhere along the brain department.
Thanks in advance.
Mary Ellen EarlsTo change your email settings (unsubscribe, digest only, or
vacation mode):

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.

--

Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Office Phone: 888-757-6810

Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.